SIM Activation Instruction : Type D
This is SIM Activation instruction of D Type.
– SIM Plan : Free A, Plus A
– Read the enclosed manual carefully for quick and accurate SIM Activation.
– SIM Activation can be proceeded after user arrives and passing immigration desk in Korea.
– User must request SIM Activation’s registration form in the website on their own after arrival in Korea.
– User can use their SIM only after doing SIM activation from customer center.
Working Hours for SIM Activation.
– It is from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mon ~ Sat
– Duty Off on Sunday.
– Activation Lead Time : 1 ~ 2 Hours.
– SIM starting information will be notified by SMS.
How to request for SIM Activation.
– Visit to SIM Activation website at sim.korearoaming.co.kr
– Choose languages.
– Agree to Terms & Conditions.
– Type user full name(on passport), email address, starting date
and given Korean phone No. and SIM No. (3-digit) on SIM Card label.
– Upload required documents as follows.
– When user’s nationality is Foreigner,
Passport is only required such as A.
– When user’s nationality is Korean, One of two options applicable for user is required.
1) Korean Passport issued before Dec 21 2020
2) Korean Passport issued after Dec 21 2020
* Proper Visa means documents that user is staying overseas such as permanent resident card /student visa /driver license etc.
– 1) as holder of Korean Passport issued before Dec 21 2020 which written in full number of Korean ID
Passport and Proper Visa are required such as A, B.
– 2) as holder of Korean Passport issued after Dec 21 2020,
Passport and Proper Visa and Additional supplementary document(C) are required such as A,B,C.
– Note that there is no full ID number of Korea in this new passport.
* With above reason, this new type of passport holder needs to submit one of required documents (C) in addition as follows.
– Korean ID / Korean Driver’s license or
– Family Relation Certificate or
– Application form for Korean ID issuance or Reissuance
* Family Relation Certificate is issued from Korea diplomatic office in the foreign country or online site.
* Notes of required documents
– Make sure that all documents are clearly visible and no covering in part is.
– A.B : Take a picture passport(Visa ID) details including your face and passport(Visa) number clearly visible.(Don’t hide your eyes.)
– C : Take a picture your details of documents clearly visible.