SIM Activation Instruction : Type D
This is SIM Activation instruction of D Type.
– SIM Plan : Free A, Plus A
– Read the enclosed manual carefully for quick and accurate SIM Activation.
– SIM Activation can be proceeded after user arrives and passing immigration desk in Korea.
– User must request SIM Activation’s registration form in the website on their own after arrival in Korea.
– User can use their SIM only after doing SIM activation from customer center.
Working Hours for SIM Activation.
– It is from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mon ~ Sat
– Duty Off on Sunday.
– Activation Lead Time : 1 ~ 2 Hours.
– SIM starting information will be notified by SMS.
How to request for SIM Activation.
– Visit to SIM Activation website at sim.korearoaming.co.kr
– Choose languages.
– Agree to Terms & Conditions.
– Type user full name(on passport), email address, starting date
and given Korean phone No. and SIM No. (3-digit) on SIM Card label.
– Upload required documents as follows.
– When user’s nationality is Foreigner,
Passport is only required such as A.
– When user’s nationality is Korean, Documents that is applicable to user among the two options below are required.
1) Korean Passport issued before Dec 21 2020
2) Korean Passport issued after Dec 21 2020
– 1) as holder of Korean Passport issued before Dec 21 2020 which written in full number of Korean ID
Passport and Proper Visa are required such as A, B.
* Proper Visa means documents that user is staying overseas such as permanent resident card /student visa /driver license etc.
– 2) as holder of Korean Passport issued after Dec 21 2020,
Passport and Proper Visa and Additional supplementary document(C) are required such as A,B,C.
– Note that there is no full ID number of Korea in this new passport.
* With above reason, this new type of passport holder needs to submit one of required documents (C) in addition as follows.
– Korean ID / Korean Driver’s license or
– Family Relation Certificate or
– Resident registration Certificate of Korea or
– Application form for Korean ID issuance or Reissuance
* Family Relation Certificate is issued from Korea diplomatic office in the foreign country or online site.
* Notes of required documents
– Make sure that all documents are clearly visible and no covering in part is.
– A.B : Take a picture passport(Visa ID) details including your face and passport(Visa) number clearly visible.(Don’t hide your eyes.)
– C : Take a picture your details of documents clearly visible.