How to find out if my phone is locked?
Method 1 : General Method
1. Type your phone’s name followed by “unlocked” into a search engine.
Doing so will give you an idea of what most people have experienced in this area. You can also use your phone’s model number (e.g., “Samsung Galaxy S6” instead of just “Samsung Galaxy”) to narrow the search results.
With very few exceptions, Android phones are unlocked by default.
2. Look for a “Cellular Data Network” option in Settings.
If you open an iPhone’s Settings, tap Cellular (or Mobile Data) near the top of the menu, tap Cellular Data Options (or Mobile Data Options) near the top of the page, and see an option entitled “Cellular Data Network” (or “Mobile Data Network”) on the page, your iPhone is likely unlocked.
A “Carrier” option just below the “Cellular” section in the Settings menu is also indicative of an unlocked iPhone.
3. Enter your phone’s IMEI number into an IMEI-checking service.
Some carriers provide a service on their website to determine whether or not your phone is unlocked.
Type *#060# into your phone’s Phone app to display your phone’s IMEI number.
4. Call your carrier and ask them to confirm your phone’s status.
They’ll be able to tell you if your phone is unlocked and, if it isn’t, if it qualifies for unlocking.
Method 2 : Using a Different Carrier’s SIM Card
1. Buy a different carrier’s SIM card or borrow one.
2. Power down your phone.
3. Locate your phone’s SIM slot.
4. Remove the SIM card from its slot.
5. Place the other SIM card in the phone.
6. Turn the phone back on.
7. Try to make a call.
If you are unable to make the call and you’re certain that the number you’re calling is valid, your phone is locked.
* Source of article above comes from Wikihow .
What size SIM do I need for my phone?
If you’re unsure if your phone is Regular or Micro, Nano SIM card, check your phone’s manual or the manufacturer website, GSM Arena or measure your existing SIM as below.⋅ Phone models that use currently a Nano SIM are in the following.
– Apple : iphone (5S, 6, 6S, 7) ~, ipad (2012~)
– Nexus 6(2014~)
– Samsung : Galaxy S8~, A Series(A3, A4, A5, A7), Alpha, Note5~
– LG (2015~) : LG V10~, LG5~
– Sony : Xperia Z3
– Lumia 1520
– Blackberry Classic
– HTC : Desire 610, 800, EYE / ONE E8, ONE M8
⋅ SIM sizes are in the following.
– Regular SIM Card : 25 mm x 15 mm
– Micro SIM Card : 15 mm x 12 mm
– Nano SIM Card : 12.30 mm x 8.80
How to check my phone supports GSM network frequencies?
If you’re unsure if your phone is supported, you are able to find all the information for your specific device : Samsung, Apple, LG, SONY, NOKIA, ZTE, VIVO, HTC, HUAWEI, BLACKBERRY, via GSM Arena website .
Your phone must support on one of GSM network frequencies as below.
– 4G LTE Bands : Band 1(2100MHz), Band 3(1800MHz), Band 8(900MHz)
– 3G Bands : HSDPA 2100MHz/HSDPA+
– Korea SIM Card, K-SIM is not supported in CDMA, TD-SCDMA, TD-LTE Bands