In order to find out if your phone is locked before switching new Korea SIM Cards,
be sure to follow two method :
Method 1: General Method
– Just Dial *#06# on your phone. Your phone’s IMEI number appears.
– Call your carrier and ask them to confirm your phone’s status.
– They’ll be able to tell you if your phone is unlocked and, if it isn’t, if it qualifies for unlocking.
Method 2: Using a Different Carrier’s SIM Card
– Borrow a different carrier’s SIM card.
– Power off your phone and switch another SIM card.
– Turn the phone back on and try to make a call.
– If you are unable to make the call and you’re certain that your phone is locked.
Currently, there are three SIM card sizes available on the market – Regular, Micro and Nano. Just to add to the confusion, the Regular SIM card size is sometimes referred to as a “mini” SIM.
SIM cards come in three sizes:
– Regular SIM Card (12 x 15 mm)
– Micro SIM (12 x 15 mm)
– Nano SIM Card (8.8 x 12.3 mm)
Quick reference for Phone models that use currently a Nano SIM are in the following.
– Apple : iphone (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8,x) ~, ipad (2012~)
– Samsung : Galaxy S8, S9~, A Series(A3, 4, 5, 7, 8), Alpha, Note5, 8, 9~
– LG (2015~) : LG V30~,V10~, LG5~
If you’re unsure if your phone is Regular or Micro, Nano SIM card, check your phone’s manual, the manufacturer website or GSM Arena.
– Visit www.gsmarena.com
– Put the your phone model (iphone 6s) in the Search.
– Find out SIM size of your phone in the BODY column.