What’s mobile self-authentication service?
Mobile Self-Authentication Service means real name verification using your Korean mobile phone number and birth date and name when you need to sign up for an internet site (i.e. where pay bills and Make purchases items) or verify your identity for your reference.
– It’s not possible for foreign passport holders to use Self-Authentication Service.
– Only a holder of Korean nationality ID (passport, ID card, driver’s license) or an alien registration card (ARC) can use it.
– Resident registration numbers will not be included in new South Korean passports issued from December 21 2020.
– Because new passport is insufficient as the required document for the use of mobile self-authentication service, user must provide Korea ID card or driver’s license to do it.
Related SIM Cards to support Mobile Self-Authentication Service
– MY SIM FREE A, B, S,100
– MY SIM PLUS A, B,C
– MY SIM Magic, Lite, Basic
How to use
– 1. Click button for mobile Self-Authentication Service from internet site.
– 2. Choose Mobile Service Provider and agree Terms & Conditions.
– 3. Put your name, birth date and mobile phone number.
– 4. Receive text message with 6-digit code.
– 5. Put 6-digit code to confirm self-authentication Service.