How would I Know what my Phone is locked or my SIM size is?
In order to find out if your phone is locked before switching new Korea SIM Cards,
be sure to follow two method :
Method 1: General Method
– Just Dial *#06# on your phone. Your phone’s IMEI number appears.
– Call your carrier and ask them to confirm your phone’s status.
– They’ll be able to tell you if your phone is unlocked and, if it isn’t, if it qualifies for unlocking.
Method 2: Using a Different Carrier’s SIM Card
– Borrow a different carrier’s SIM card.
– Power off your phone and switch another SIM card.
– Turn the phone back on and try to make a call.
– If you are unable to make the call and you’re certain that your phone is locked.
KT Network supports the 4G LTE frequency as follows:
– 4G band : Band1 (2100MHz),、Band3 (1800MHz)、Band8 (900MHz)
– 3G band : HSDPA 2100MHz/HSDPA+
– TD-SCDMA, TD-LTE band Not Support
Currently, there are three SIM card sizes available on the market – Regular, Micro and Nano. Just to add to the confusion, the Regular SIM card size is sometimes referred to as a “mini” SIM.
SIM cards come in three sizes:
– Regular SIM Card (12 x 15 mm)
– Micro SIM (12 x 15 mm)
– Nano SIM Card (8.8 x 12.3 mm)
Quick reference for Phone models that use currently a Nano SIM are in the following.
– Apple : iphone (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8,x) ~, ipad (2012~)
– Samsung : Galaxy S8, S9~, A Series(A3, 4, 5, 7, 8), Alpha, Note5, 8, 9~
– LG (2015~) : LG V30~,V10~, LG5~
If you’re unsure if your phone is Regular or Micro, Nano SIM card, check your phone’s manual, the manufacturer website or GSM Arena.
– Visit www.gsmarena.com
– Put the your phone model (iphone 6s) in the Search.
– Find out SIM size of your phone in the BODY column.